FO Friday: Diantha Aurora

May I present, Diantha Aurora:

IMG_3512

Project: Diantha Aurora

Pattern: Diantha

Designer: Susanna IC

Available: $6 on Ravelry

Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Dusky Aurora

I made this shawl via the designers mystery KAL — it was super fun!  Susanna did a great job balancing the “clues” so that each portion of the design took similar amounts of time to knit. This crescent-shaped shawl is knit from the border up, and is adorned with both nupps and beads.  The only mod I made was using a crochet cast-on for the bottom edge.  I think it blocked beautifully!

IMG_3513

IMG_3510
 

FO Friday: Happy Green Fylleryd

I finished my Fylleryd!

IMG_3368

IMG_3370

Project: Happy Green Fylleryd

Pattern: Fylleryd

Designer: Mia Rinde

Available: FREE! on Ravelry

Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Happy Forest

I knit this fingering-weight shawlette as part of the January KAL in the Beginner Lace Knitters group on Ravelry. I keep tabs on each month’s KAL, and when I can — I join in! This is my first “nupps” project (I’m not counting my WIP Aeolian, because I haven’t gotten to the nupps yet), so I was extra excited to try something new.  I’m pleased with how the nupps came out — and they weren’t that hard (people make things sound so difficult sometimes!).

IMG_3371

IMG_3372

I’m also extra excited, because this is some of the yarn I liberated in my January frogging festival.  I am SO MUCH more happy with this new project — I will definitely be wearing my Happy Green Fylleryd, lots.  Because I only had one skein, I had to be conservative … I did two repeats of the leaf chart, then three repeats of the blueberry chart.  Judicious math and careful thought revealed I would not have enough for the edge, so I went back a few rows and made it TWO repeats of the blueberry chart, then the edge, then I added a crochet-lace cast-off (similar to how I finished the bottom edge of Red Seas).

As an aside, three cheers for my willing & adorable model!  The shawl looks huge on a six year old :).

IMG_3369

I made my nupps the old-fashioned way: k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1 into one st on the right side, then purl all seven together on the returning wrong-side row.  I made a special effort to make the loops LOOSE because that seems to be key … it definitely worked for me.

IMG_3373

IMG_3374