This project was finished a while ago, but I never shared … enjoy!
Project: Aphrodite of the Sea
Pattern: Song of the Sea
Designer: Louise Zass-Bangham
Available: £3.50 GBP on Ravelry
Yarn: Llyr from A Hundred Ravens in an early version of Aphrodite
This is a pretty straight-up pattern — shows off this tonal colorway beautifully. Easy to knit, easy to wear. Make one today! 🙂
I’m done with the knitting (and finishing) for my project for Challenge #3 of the Fiber Factor. We had the photo shoot on Friday just before sundown — my friend’s daughter modeled for me, and my other friend took the pictures. I knew we were getting great shots while on site, but the actual proofs were even better! I’m looking forward to the time when I can share.
Still on the to-do list for this challenge:
- finally finalize the all-important name
- arrange for and complete my “for the public” session with our mentor, Josh Barrett
- make the video for the judges (I have some footage, but probably need more)
- select the 12 best photos, and decide which two will be the “main” and “supporting” photos
- finish up grading and pattern writing (just have sleeves to go)
So, I cast on two new projects this week!
First-off is a new(ish) design project — it’s destined to be a Classic Elite Web-letter pattern, sometime this fall. I’m using scrumptious squishy-soft Chalet to make a cable-edged squared-off vest — a layering piece for fall and early winter. I swatched for this design some time ago, but now is the time to get the thing done. So far, so good!
Second, I started yet-another-cowl. This time, I’m using glorious Llyr in the new-ish colorway “Aphrodite” (drool at it, I command thee):
I’m making a Song of the Sea with it — perfect combination of yarn and pattern, IMHO.