This Friday, I’m proud to say that I finished the Harry Potter scarf I’ve been working on since January! This is my third time doing one of these. This one is for a friend-of-a-friend who is going through some tough times … I have to admit, I had a hard time motivating myself to do yet more stockinette, but I designated this project as my penance knitting about two weeks ago, and that did the trick. Poof, done!
Project: Harry Potter Scarf
Designer: (I copied from the movie stills)
Available: short-hand directions below!
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Hollyberry and Gold
- Cast on 70 sts (use Judy’s Magic Cast On)
- YO at both edges on first round — this will be the sit of your slipped-st edge
- work in the round in stockinette, slipping the edge sts every other round (except, after a 3-row CC stripe, just knit the MC around with no slipped sts)
- Stripes like this:
- 26 rounds MC
- 3 rounds CC
- 6 rounds MC
- 3 rounds CC
- repeat stripes 13 times, then do 26 more rounds of MC
- end by ktog the edge sts on one last round, then kitchener together
- fringe like this:
- 12-in strands
- each bundle: 3 MC and 1 CC
- attach every other st
3 thoughts on “FO Friday: Yet Another Harry Potter Scarf”
How long did the scarf end up being?
Looks like I didn’t measure them … and they have long since passed on to the recipients. There are some reference shots here that might help you: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/remcat/yahps-yet-another-harry-potter-scarf-3
When I popped over here from ravelry I was surprised and delighted to see the name of your page. My maiden name was Remily and its one I don’t see very often. Pretty cool to see that. I’ll definitely make this scarf now since its for my brother who still carries the name.