I was relatively restrained this week, and only cast on one new project — and a small project at that! I’m making an Everdeen Beanie (from the Weekend Hats book). If you compare my brim and most-of-first-repeat photo (below) to the pattern photos, you will see I’ve made some mods. First and foremost, I opted for a 1×1 twisted rib (instead of 2×2 rib), because twisted rib is tidier (especially for loose knitters like me) and 1×1 rib flows into the body pattern better (IMHO). I had to do the first row of the pattern just a little different, in order to make everything flow just right — I’ll post full details when I finish the hat.